New York via New Haven

In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
There's nothing you can’t do,
Now you’re in New York,
these streets will make you feel brand new,
Big lights will inspire you,
lets hear it for New York

Jay Z :: Empire State of Mind

We're sitting in a coffee shop in New Haven, CT now. Everything bagels are my new favorite, I haven't put in my contacts for 3 days, and I've discovered my blessing from God: That I can sleep any time, anywhere, under any conditions. I love this weather. I love this life. I saw snow Friday in upstate New York, spent the weekend in Hackensack, NJ, met some sweet girls in Danbury, CT, and by next Saturday I'll be in New York City for the 2009 GuluWalk. And it's 53 degrees outside. Beautiful.

Since I last wrote we hit a streak of luck with our screenings and were able to make over $1,000 two screenings in a row! We had a really good time at some private schools and a university club gave us a box of goodies that included popcorn, pudding, and cereal. And I went to New York City for the first time in my life, I didn't get to see much, but hey, it's NYC none the less.

The biggest shock for us is that tour is halfway over. We've been doing this for five weeks! And we have to do it for 5 more weeks... wamp wamp. Everyone says it's going to go by so quickly and I feel like every time I blink it's Friday already. My part of tour starts Nov. 4th and once it's over we go home. I'm excited to meet the people I've been talking to since August but at the same time I'll be sad to leave tour because that means "real life" is just around the corner. But for now I'm soaking in ever floor I sleep on, every time I hear The Rescue, and everytime my teammate asks me "where are we going?"

So until next time, Here's a video that truly expresses what my life is like and what the words "deeper yes" mean to me.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home